Protect Your Business Against Winter Fire Hazards
With everyone eager to stay warm and festive during the winter season, fire risks unfortunately increase due to increased cooking, heating, and electric decorations. Don’t fret–as long as you are careful, you and your workers can safely enjoy the holidays. Here are some fire safety tips for your business from the team at SERVPRO Belle Meade/West Nashville!
Common Winter Fire Hazards
- Space Heaters: Space heaters are an efficient option when it comes to heating your office space, but they should be used with caution. You should never leave a space heater unattended, and they should never be plugged into an extension cord. If used, space heaters should be kept on a flat surface, far away from paper or other flammable materials, and be monitored during use.
- Electrical Fires: Defective extension cords, faulty wiring, or overused power sockets are all common culprits of office fires. It is essential to make sure that your office electronics are in peak condition to avoid any sort of overheating or sparks. Feel free to put up holiday lights to decorate your space–just remain sure not to overwhelm extension cords or outlets while doing so!
- Cooking Fires: Cooking fires are incredibly common in homes, and businesses also face similar risks, particularly ones with office kitchens. It is important not to neglect any devices that are in use in an office as fires can start quickly and spread in these areas. It is wise to continuously check coffee makers, microwaves, and other gadgets for broken wiring.
- Flammable Materials: We get it: businesses can get cluttered, especially during the holiday season, when you are likely fielding more packages than ever. It is important to keep your business tidy though, because cardboard boxes, stacks of paper and clutter are all fire hazards. Store flammable materials in safe areas. If your cleaning needs start to feel insurmountable, SERVPRO of Belle Meade/West Nashville can help with our professional cleaning services!
SERVPRO Commercial Fire Damage Response
- The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us quickly respond with the appropriate equipment and resources. With over 2,190 franchises with equipment and personnel to pull from for aid, no job is too large for SERVPRO of Belle Meade/West Nashville.
- Upon arrival we carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage, which helps to develop a plan of action. Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
- We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces. Next, we clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. We’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment so you won’t be left with the smell of smoke in your office as a reminder of the fire.
- Restoration is the final step—getting your business to its pre-fire condition. This work may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms. Whatever restoration efforts are needed, you can trust that our team will work with precision and care to get the job done.
SERVPRO Belle Meade/West Nashville can be reached at (615) 242-9391 or via our website for fire damage restoration needs. Fire damage may be scary, but we promise that everything in your business that can be restored will be under our care.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.