Shield Your Office Building from Storm Damage
Winter storms can be detrimental to your business. Our technicians at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/West Nashville have seen the damage that Nashville storms can inflict, which is why we want you to be as prepared as possible for inclement weather should it strike. Here are some storm-proofing tips that can make all the difference in case of severe weather.
Storm Damage Prevention Tips
- Invest in storm proofing: If your business is based in Nashville, it may be wise–and worth your money–to invest in storm protection. Tornadoes are very common in the area, and the occasional severe rainstorm can wreak havoc. Storm-proof windows are always a good investment, and you may consider inspecting your building every so often to make sure there are no structural issues or cracks in exterior walls.
- Check insurance policies: Your insurance coverage can be a gamechanger should you need restoration or repair work done. Not all insurance policies cover each type of severe weather event, or flooding, so it is wise to review your office buildings policies and expand your coverage as needed.
- Stay on top of regular maintenance: should disaster strike, you don't want to wish you had taken better care of your business when it is already too late. Even regular maintenance can help prevent damage during a storm. Keeping your gutters clean will prevent water from being directed towards your building, and addressing faulty plumbing or HVAC units will prevent other issues from arising all at once.
What To Do In Case of Storm Damage
Even if you are prepared, storm damage may be inevitable. Here are some tips for keeping calm and staying safe if a storm affects your business.
- As soon as you and everyone in the office is safe, your top priority is to call SERVPRO. We are disaster restoration experts that can handle unforeseen problems caused by high winds and torrential rain; there isn't much we haven't seen. Our team will be on the move, ready to help as soon as we get your call.
- Do not try to pick up wet belongings or furniture. Things are much heavier when they are wet, and you may hurt yourself! Slip and fall hazards are also one of the top forms of injury during flooding, so it is best to move with caution throughout your building.
- In an office, one of your main concerns is likely preserving documents or computers and other electronic devices. Did you know that SERVPRO can help with restoring these important documents, devices, and more? Working from a restore vs. replace approach, our technicians will work to get your office back to normal after storm damage. Everything we can possibly restore will be restored.
SERVPRO Belle Meade/West Nashville can be reached at (615) 242-9391 or via our website for all of your storm damage needs. Commercial restoration doesn't have to be a hassle when you have SERVPRO on your side.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.